Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Beginnings

As with everything there has to be a beginning. My creative beginnings began more or less from my first memories. I love to make, to create. I love the process of getting an idea and turning it into something tangible. The process, the dream is as important as the finished article, often there is no finished project, but that doesn't matter because it's not really about the 'thing' at the end, it's more about the journey. A new journey begins today.

"What are you looking for on the internet mom", ask my kids. Mixed Media Art - boring. I love looking at mixed media art and here is my first atempt at mixed media art.



My Funky African scrap chickens. I made these from scraps and printed onto fabric little fun sayings which I then sewed onto the chickens. It took me ages to work out how to print onto fabric without using transfer paper.





A few days before Christmas 2008 I decided that I had to make a few shopping bags for gifts, with temperatures reaching around 40, it was too hot to sit inside and sew. The back veranda become my sewing room for the day and has been my new sewing room on many hot days since. The only problem with sewing outside is that I get bitten to death by the mosquitoes






.

No comments:

Post a Comment