Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scrap Hearts


Scrap Hearts
These little hearts are such fun to make. I use all my scraps to make them. I begin by making a crazy patchwork base and then sew crazy stiches all over the base in different colours. The fun part is cutting them out and getting different pieces of fabric in each heart. No two sides are ever the same. Once I have cut out the heart shape I then embellish them with lace, rick rack, old cloth tape measures, beads and buttons. I print out little sayings onto paper and then sew the sayings onto the front on the heart. Once all the embellishments are complete I stuff them with lavender and cushion stuffing, put a few drops of lavender oil into the stuffing and then I have a cute gift. They can be hung in a cupboard or on a door handle. My favorite way to display them is to put them in this old brass jam pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment